WELCOME TO LA BASTIDE (our home)
We moved to Big Bear California 6 years ago and decided it would be a fabulous place to breed our own Cavalier King Charles Spaniel... a long-held dream of mine!
Let me introduce myself: my name is Diane. I was born in France and since the age of 10 years old, I have always been around Cavaliers, the love of my life!
At the age of 12 years old, I delivered my first litter on my own, as my parents went out the night our dog gave birth. That's when I got the Cavalier bug, and from that point on, I knew that one day I would be able to breed them again and in the optimum environment.
Zooming forward forty years later, after having moved to Los Angeles, gone to UCLA, worked in the movie business, written books and started my own family, I one day decided to leave it all, move away from the big city with my son and cavalier and, start a new life in the mountains of Southern California the way I had always envisioned it. Now I could have more than one cavalier, now I could start focussing on breeding.
BREEDING: A LABOR OF LOVE!
• Our Cavaliers sleep with us on our beds... sometimes they even sneak on top of our head :-)
• I am a firm believer for our dogs and ourselves that good food keeps the doctor away! We feed our dogs the best dry kibble we found (Farmina: very low carbohydrate, heavy meat) and they get a different topping for each meal such as sardines, organic homemade kefir, chicken, liver, organic homemade yogurt, organic pumpkin, organic eggs, organic blueberries... nothing is too good for our babies!
• As soon as our dogs are old enough, we take them out daily and play with them, or go for a hike. We also have a big safe yard with lots of different areas that we use for stimulation. Our Cavaliers love to chase each other, play tug a war and even hide and seek with our Border Collie nanny who takes her job very seriously. Our dogs learn lots of commands (in french :-) ) and we also always teach them a sign for each command.
"The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is among the happiest and most easy-going of all dog breeds."
This one statement sums it up for me; and if you don't fully believe this, I think it's time for you to come and visit us at La Bastide Cavaliers:
The joy of breeding is that over time, I have built great relationships with clients who trust me & keep in touch.
HERE ARE SOME TESTIMONIES:
- "Diane takes exceptional care of her beautiful dogs and puppies. She is very helpful with the entire adopting process. I would highly recommend Diane to anyone who would like to introduce a sweet, happy, and healthy puppy into their home!"
- "Diane is a great, dedicated, passionate, trustworthy and experienced Cavalier King Charles breeder. She's been around King Charles all her life; she's meticulous and will raise the best and healthiest little Cavaliers."
- "Diane will go waaay beyond to help you! Her dogs and puppies are beautiful, healthy and happy guys and gals. She is very knowledgeable about this breed and most importantly, she CARES. I feel lucky and honored to have received REMI from Diane with warm wishes. You can't find a better breeder in California. I love you Diane, and thank you for letting me have REMI."
"The breeder has more Knowledge and Passion for her role in bringing these puppies into this world than any other person I know. She has an amazing patience and love for these King Charles. If you are looking for a Cavalier - look no more and make the best decision you’ve made for you and your family - Diane is the best breeder for these adorable precious pups."
C O N T A C T U S
The best way to contact Diane is to TEXT: (323) 896-7611
I unfortunately respond very slowly to emails, being in puppy-land 🐶